Sunday, April 6, 2014

SEGi University disappears for a day

By: Michelle

PETALING JAYA: Waking up to a hazy day happens to be what residents of Kota Damansara are currently experiencing. The air pollutant index (API) reading on Tuesday morning hits up to 121 which is categorized as unhealthy. The students of Segi University, Kota Damansara are affected, especially those who are staying at the university hostel and Cova Suites (opposite Segi University).

Credits to http://apims.doe.gov.my/
Salinee Su Lynn, 22, who currently resides at Cova Suites, Kota Damansara said “The haze causes me to fall sick (sore throat) as well as down with some minor eye infection.”

“My skin condition worsens as well, it is full of pimples,” added the student of Segi University.

Although suffering from the weather, Mark is still trying to be positive about the whole thing.

View from Cova Suites
“I tried to stay at home most of the time as the weather affected my lungs and throat. I cannot ride my motorcycle due to the haze. I suffocated and died a few times,” he joked.

According to Aurelie Wong, 21, she had symptoms of food poisoning and suspect it is caused by the haze.
“I know I am supposed to wear the mask but they (Segi) did not distribute it this time like they did last year,” she added.

One student stated that the building of Segi University seems to have “disappeared” from far.

“It was so hazy that I could not spot my college from a distance. Usually I can see the building down the road when I am driving,” said Isaac, 21.

Despite the bad haze, many students are still going for classes and the weather seems not to bother them at all.

“The haze does not affect me since I am always in class. I basically get used to the haze,” claimed Fui Kean, a freshman from American Degree Program (ADP).

Cova Villa’s view from SEGi University
“It (the haze) did not affect me much but I find it difficult to see the roads clearly. The haze limits my vision,” commented Priya, 22.

Monitha, a student from ADP seems not to be bothered by the haze in any way.
“I still go for my classes like usual but I covered my mouth, that’s all,” she said.

Some find their own way to cope with the weather as they have classes to attend.

“I try to stay indoors and drink more water,” said Chek Ming, 21.




Arlena, 23, suggested “We should drink more water despite the water rationing. Also carry an eye drop if your eyes are irritated and of course to wear a mask if necessary.”


No comments:

Post a Comment